Today’s outfit took an unexpected turn. You see, I was mesmerized by the Marika Vera Caroline Stretch Tulle Bodysuit because it reminded me of my days in gymnastics and dance. I thought I would go for a clean, crisp and classic look. But then my imagination took off and I found myself in a fun and rather flirty territory.
The style is wonderfully minimalist in the front and the soft, stretchy tulle is just begging to be put through its paces. However, when viewed from behind, the bodysuit takes on a whole other sense. Those overlaying straps and the leather detailing brought to mind the dark gothic/bondage costumes and scenic styles of the Blade films. I love how the suit hugs and skims over the body yet, the straps in back appear to be confining and controlling. Such an amazing design!
But how could I show it off as outerwear, while still demonstrating the inherent drama and fabulous lines? Then I remembered this Ann Taylor Feathered Mini Skirt that evokes the same theatric qualities
You’ll have to forgive me the shoes, I adore ankle booties and the criss cross, bandage detailing at the ankle compliments both the bondage look of the bodysuit and the ballet wrap of the cardigan. The jewelry is sparse and has a slightly serpentine, industrial feeling to offset the extreme femininity of all the pieces.
Wouldn’t you love to spend a day in this outfit? I think it would be fabulous and could be appropriate for any number of outings, though perhaps not high tea with Grandma.
How would you style up the bodysuit? I would love to know your ideas, so please leave me a comment and tell me what you would do differently for a different look and feel!
1. Marika Vera Caroline Stretch Tulle Bodysuit - A super sexy bodysuit with an unusual neckline and exposed back that can be dressed up or down to suit the venue.
2. Morrocan Oil Styling Cream - This styling cream is light enough to leave your hair full of body, but strong enough to control frizz and fly-aways for a sleek look that could hold up to a dance rehearsal or a full day at the office.
3. Stuart Weitzman Papoose Ankle Booties - These boots need to go out dancing. The wickedly high heel and ankle cut styling will show off your legs perfectly while the stretch material detailing provides ultimate comfort and a flexible fit.
4. Ann Taylor Feathered Mini Skirt - This mini skirt has all the dramatic flair needed to carry this outfit. The feather detailing on the silk georgette fabric is a layering of one luxurious detail upon another, yet the length of the skirt prevents it from becoming over the top.
5. Tiffany & Co. Vivian Clutch - What seems to b a simple clutch at first glance reveals a lustrous deep Tiffany-Blue leather liner with pockets for all your necessities. The delicately pleated, onyx nappa leather is topped off with rounded, palladium plated, solid brass hardware. This clutch has a timeless appeal and will quickly become your go to clutch for your evenings out on the town.
6. BaubleBar Silver Stud Wrap - The multi-wrap-around design coupled with the heavier box-chain links makes this bracelet a perfect compliment to the Metro Pearl Stud earrings glittering in your ears.
7. BaubleBar Metro Pearl Studs - These aren’t your Grandma’s pearl earrings. The coiled 22K white gold-plated rhodium adds an unexpected contemporary feel to these beautiful earrings that prevents them from verging too closely on syrupy sweet.
8. Asos Ballet Wrap Cardigan - A long sleeved, cropped length, ballet-style wrap sweater that will masterfully hide the daring exposed back of the bodysuit and keep you comfy and warm with its angora blend fibers. The sweetly pink tone provides a feminine touch of color to offset all the other black components of the outfit.
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com