It’s getting closer and closer! Can you feel it yet?
I have a secret I need to share with you all...
I think I’m succumbing to this upcoming holiday, because I couldn’t help myself, I just had to put in pink! And not just a little either. Nope it’s the balance to the glossy black lingerie we’ll be showing off in this outfit!
I have always tried to use pink in very small doses after watching the movie “Steel Magnolias” and hearing Julia Robert’s character, Shelby, say, “Pink is my signature color!” The church she is getting married in, is a bloom in every single shade, tone and cousin of pink and basically looks similar to what I assume a colonoscopy scan would resemble. Nevertheless, it looks like I’m a joiner after all, although you will note that the lingerie isn’t pink. I haven’t gone that far.
I can’t promise I won’t go completely swoon-ey next week.
The whole look centers around the showstopping, all-lace bodysuit from La Lilouche. There’s no hiding anything in this all over black lace. The gemstones scattered throughout will add a seductive glimmer and glint to your every move and will match the luxurious pasties from Toad Lillie. But don’t feel that you have to wear the pasties, they have been included for the reserved or shy fashionista, who may be spending her Valentines in a more brightly lit and therefore more revealing environment.
The pants are curve hugging and comfortable so that you can shimmy and shimmer without any annoying wardrobe malfunctions or limits. The understated black silk chiffon top will be swirling and coiling around you and only slightly obliterating the view of the fabulous bodysuit beneath. The draping translucent fabric gives you a goddess-like grace and creates the third layer of this multi-story lingerie outfit.
Do you love the boots? I love the boots! I’m not sure I could walk in the boots, but I am in deep smit with them. From the laces to the mid-calf rise, these boots would look fabulous with almost any outfit. You may need to lean heavily on your date for balance and safety, but that’s just another excuse to get close and let them nuzzle your honeysuckle perfumed neck. It may be wise not to attempt that before dinner though, as the Honey dust really is that tasty and could start a feeding frenzy in the back of the cab. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
The jewelry is all soft polished surfaces that won’t catch or pull on the delicate chiffon or lace or demand too much attention from your admirers. The lipstick is one of the signature brown/pinks from Bobbi Brown the woman who introduced the cosmetics world to restraint with color, and just like her, I wanted the outfit to focus on highlighting all of your natural beauty. With each of your curves hugged and only slightly hidden, I’m sure you’ll agree that this ensemble deserves a night out!
1.La Lilouche Alex Lace Bodysuit with Gemstones: I have been dying to show you this all lace bodysuit from La Lilouche! It’s embellished with gemstones that highlight the lace design and add an extra bit of glitter to your look. There are the cutest little ruffles on the legs that won’t be visible with the pants, but will make for an excellent striptease after a delightful evening out.
2. Mulberry Pink Lilly Mini Bag: Just a tiny pink accent to wrap up the look. Either over your shoulder of clutched in your hand, there’s just enough room for that Bobbi Brown lipstick, your phone and a homemade card for your wonderful date.
3.DSquared2 Black Leather Women’s Ankle Boots: With such a blousey chiffon top I wanted to keep the pants and booties shapely and minimalist. These lace up boots are as feminine as possible and certainly show off the long line of your legs to the super sexy heels.
4. Vivienne Westwood Petite Ring Light Pink : The lacquered pink finish on this ring is adorable and not likely to show up in something bought from a candy machine! Picking up the glow in your cheeks, the shade of your D&G pants, your accessories will be supporting your every fashion choice tonight.
5.Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Colour in Rose Petal: Who doesn’t want to be completely kissable on Valentines Day? Bobbi Brown is the queen of creating natural looking shades for lips and skin tones of all colors and you’re sure to find the perfect natural pink to beguile your date with. I’m suggesting Rose Petal, but will certainly defer to your better judgement.
6. Toad Lillie Minx Jeweled Pasties: If you’re going to wear nipple pasties, they may as well be absolutely fabulous right? These pasties match almost too perfectly with the bodysuit. They have that lovely sheen of black satin with extra hand stitched crystal beads to show that while you’re modest you aren’t overly humble!
7. Kama Sutra Honey Dust: This body dust should really be listed under lingerie! It’s one of the most amazing things you can treat your body to before you go out for the evening. The gentle honeysuckle scent will lure your date in closer and carries the added bonus of a sweet tasting memory left on the lips.
8. Dolce & Gabbana Shiny Low Rise Pants: Now, generally I’m not really a fan of pants with a bit of a satin sheen to them... I’m always reminded of those unfortunate 1970’s styles from the casinos in Vegas. BUT, these have a far more subtle approach and don’t demand that your hair be teased within an inch of its life. Not to mention that this is for Valentines day and if you can’t have a wee bit of drama on this holiday, then what’s the point?
9. Katie Decker "Jane" 18k Yellow Gold and Freshwater Pearl Earrings: These earrings are definitely worth the splurge. Their timeless setting will never go out of style and they add an elegant air of luxury and taste to every ensemble.
10. Marika Vera Nydia Silk Chiffon Top and Silk Satin Knickers Set: We’re doubling and tripling up on the lingerie as outerwear today to accommodate for the transparent nature of each piece. The chiffon top will combine with the lacey bodysuit to create an opaque silhouette of your body while helping to blur the line between showing it all off and keeping some secrets. You can choose to wear the lovely silk satin undies that come with the set or just go commando (but not really) in the bodysuit.
So what do you think of this Valentines outfit? A bit sexy and a bit sweet all at the same time right? I think I can squeeze in another outfit before we actually get to Valentines day, but I don’t know if I can hold out against traditional holiday themed color choices in lingerie... Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com