Happy New Year! Who doesn’t love a little zing and bling to ring in the New Year? After an incredibly long season of dressing up, sequins and glamour, I have been yearning to create a slightly more hip and fun look. Something that would really let you show off your fabulous taste in lingerie, in a new and unexpected way. Basic black is too easy to sneak into your wardrobe, let’s really take on the challenge this time!
For today’s fabulous Lingerie as Outerwear inspiration, I decided to find a lingerie set that is super colourful and a bit bold and what better set to begin with than Rebecca Ansah's beautiful strappy, blue, Mathilda bandeau bra and Zuri silk and elastic briefs. The bandeau-style bra has plenty of coverage and can be worn alone, if you’re the daring type (and don’t live in a snow covered area as I do), or can act as a crop top and draw the eyes to all of those amazing straps above and below.
The supple silk will feel extraordinary, while the mesh and elastic provide complete stretchy, comfortable wear. I adore the way the elastic black straps intertwine and provide a harness feel to the set and decided that it should be the focus of this outfit. Paired up with some DKNY skinny cords and a waistcoat, you can decide just how much you want to show off. That bright blue will peek out and provide a ray of colorful light during the dreary grey January days.
With such feminine figure hugging components, these military styled boots will keep you grounded with their downtown chic appeal. That lovely brooch can be pinned to the stunning Fendi messenger bag or adorn your hat, either way, it will pick up on all of the blue accents that highlight this outfit. From your earrings, to that phenomenal statement ring, you’ll remind all of your admirers of crisp blue skies and turquoise ocean currents. The messenger bag can be worn across your body for another layer of straps or simply over the shoulder for convenience.
1.Rebecca Ansah Zuri Silk and Elastic Briefs: Comfortable blue silk briefs with attached elastic straps deserve to be shown off and combined with the matching bandeau bra. Bondage chic has been styled down into a relaxed, on trend, pairing with a formal waistcoat and weekend skinny cords.
2.Rebecca Ansah Mathilda Bandeau Bra: The high neck and extra straps of this bra combine beautifully with the straps of the briefs to create an intricate design on your body. Whether you decided to button up your waistcoat or leave it open, the vibrant blue silk will certainly be an attention catcher.
3. DKNY Avenue B Skinny Stretch Washed Cords: Stretchy, skinny cords provide a nice break from everyday denim. The lowrise waistline means that more of the brief’s strap structure will be on display and the tapered leg tucks easily into the lace up boots.
4. Ann Demeulemeester Waistcoat with Tie-Back: Incorporating lingerie into outerwear is all about the unexpected, so pairing up a formal, tailored waistcoat with stretchy cords sets the stage for the blue silk lingerie to become the feature of the outfit. With such a wide neckline and deep button up opening, this waistcoat is the perfect frame for Rebecca Ansah's beautiful designs.
6.Steve Madden Troopa Black Leather Combat Boot: I love everything about these boots. From their high laced, beautifully seamed style to their low heel, there aren’t many occasions where you couldn’t wear these glorious boots. Paired up with the lighter colored cords they bookend the outfit perfectly with the hat, bag and waistcoat and enhance the bondage styling of the briefs and bra.
7. Vintage Inspired Silver & Sapphire Hues Brooch: Something old, something new and just a hint of something blue. This brooch can be moved around to suit your prerogative. I think it would be perfect afixed to the wall of your hat, but it could also look equally wonderful on your waistcoat or bag. It will pick up the glimmer and glow of your ring and earrings without overpowering the outfit with too much color.
8.Fendi Black Zucca Nylon Messenger Bag: This bag has plenty of storage room for all of your January accessories from mitts and scarves to sketchpad and charcoal, you’ll never have to leave anything behind. Fendi has had plenty of practice over the years and have nailed down the design of the basic, easy to wear messenger bag.
9. Tang and Song Blue CZ Butterfly Ring: You should probably avoid any sudden grandiose hand movements while wearing this ring, as the folks who were staring at it, are liable to get whiplash. This is very much a statement ring and the statement you're making will be one of color confidence and enthusiastic refusal to let blah January weather get you down!
10. Topshop Curved Felt Pork Pie Hat: When you wear this hat, be sure to tell everyone in earshot that it is a “Pork Pie Hat”. Then, when you have their attention make up the most extravagant story you can about your ancestors handing it down through your family as an heirloom. Feel free to add in scandalous references to old Hollywood glamour queens, slick depression era millionaires and a few unsavoury village butchers to justify the term “Pork Pie Hat”.
Hope you enjoyed this outfit and as usual, I would love to hear what you think of the different elements! Drop me a line in the comment section and I will be sure to respond.
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)