We all know girls aren’t made of ‘sugar and spice and everything nice’, the Madonnas and Anna Wintours of the world have certainly helped to dispel that myth! But that doesn’t mean we can’t dress that way. Today’s Lingerie as Outerwear outfit is very much an homage to girliness. I was feeling a little Breakfast at Tiffany’s and nostalgic for the Pretty in Pink sartorial splendor that is Molly Ringwald and lo and behold, I had created a pretty nifty little outfit!
The Zinke All Things Nice Lace Jumper really started the whole thing. I love the way it covers up the entire front of the body and exposes the back. It isn’t often a woman’s back is the prime display, which is a shame, because we should look just as fabulous entering the room as leaving.
I paired up the jumper with this high waisted, tiny belted, full skirt that falls just below the knee. The swinging fullness of the black skirt shows off the sensual cling of the sugar colored jumper. The hemline of the skirt doesn’t quite meet the top of these super curvy, lace up boots and offers just a glimpse of leg as you sashay down the sidewalk.
Now, if you aren’t the daring type, by all means, wear some clever shapewear or discrete Nipple covers, however, if you don’t require the support or lift, don’t worry about it. This glamorous cropped, cashmere-blend sweater will only show off the lower half of your torso. The silhouette of this outfit is most definitely that of an hourglass.
The fun earrings will shimmer like a cascading waterfall when you use the Chloe sunglasses as an impromptu hair band. That silver ball wrap bracelet will only come out to jingle and match the Rebecca Minkoff clutch, if you’re swinging your arms as you skip along. The heavenly aroma of cherry blossoms and musk will linger gently as you stop to stain your lips with a hint of warm color from the super-cute tokidoki lip balm. All in all, your outfit has just set the stage for the perfect romantic encounter or a day of window shopping for your next favorite piece of lingerie to wear as outerwear.
1. Zinke All Things Nice Lace Jumper Sugar: This light colored full body jumper features a halter neckline and low ruffled legs. Although the cowl neckline of the sweater will cover up the lovely halter strapped bodice, the cropped hem will give the sexiest glimpse of your fully exposed lower back. It’s no wonder that this Zinke design has become such an instant boudoir favorite.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac Clutch in Black: A streamlined, black leather clutch to match those fabulous old world, lace up boots will contrast with the full skirt beautifully. The metallic highlights will pick up the silver accents of your earrings and bracelet without overpowering the look.
3. Herve Leger Cropped Cashmere-Blend Sweater: Cashmere-blend luxury will wrap you up in a cozy hug from shoulder to shoulder. The softly curving cowl neckline and full sleeves offset the angular cutaway hemline. The pink clay color tones down the duality of the white on black and echoes the subtle glimpses of skin.
4. Miriam Haskell for Decades Chain Fringe Earrings: You’ll be tripping along to your own personal beat as these windchime-esque earrings tinkle sweet music in your ears. The linked circles leading to that fabulous chain fringe are too beautiful to cover up, so make sure your hair is pulled away from your face.
5. TN 29 Black Lace Up Heel Boot: Boots like these aren’t made everyday. Your calf exercises will have paid off in spades when you slip your feet into these stunning black leather, lace up, heeled boots. They only come up to your mid calf so they won’t kiss the hemline of your Preen Skirt, but these attention getters are all about feminity and bold choices. Much like your decision to incorporate your lingerie into your outerwear!
6. Maor Cohen Silver Ball Wrap Bracelet: With such large sleeves, it would be easy to forget a bracelet since your arms won’t be seen very much. Nevertheless, who doesn’t love a bit of bling especially when it is an unexpected detail for the sheer joy of wearing a bracelet as fabulous and unusual as this silver ball wrap bracelet?
7. Chloe Round- Frame Acetate Sunglasses: These round-framed sunglasses are so very Audrey Hepburn-ish that I just couldn’t resist. The acetate is in a deep plum and not a basic black, so they bring their own little hit of color in the same palette and range as that decadent sweater. Now, I do realize that it’s winter time and there really isn’t a lot of sunshine to be had, but it has to come out sometime and it’s always better to be prepared.
8. Heaven’s Alchemy Kyoto Perfume: The fruity top notes of apple and melon coast on the deeper undertones of rare amber, inviting musk and sandalwood. However, much like this entire outfit, it is the middle where the real magic happens as the cherry blossom is strengthened enough to round out the bouquet. This luscious scent has been gaining some serious media attention and is sure to be wafting past you down a street in the near future.
9. Tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain: Yes, it’s a little bit silly and a little bit fun, but mostly it’s just a whole lot awesome. This double duty lip balm and lip stain will give you a wash of much needed moisture over a stain of color with a kick of fruity flavor to boot. What more could you ask for?
10. Preen Line Bianca Skirt: If not for the shorter hemline, I would swear that June Cleaver could have worn this fabulous skirt. The high waist with the matching skinny belt is an inspired choice and draws the eyes to the midline right where we want people to notice the delicate lace design of that jumper. It would be impossible to move in this skirt without creating that intoxicating swish of fabric as the pleats open and unfurl with each step.
Well, there you have it folks, yet another contribution to the “Why don’t you let your lingerie out of that drawer?” cause. I would love to hear if I’ve inspired you to try showing off your lingerie, so please drop me a quick line in the comment section. Until next time lovely readers!
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com